Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A reflection...

As I continue my week about evaluating sources and thinking about what I have learned so far many things come to mind. First, I had an idea as to how I could use blogging in my classroom. I thought about using blogging as a center during my 3 group rotation during my reading block. Since I have "Treasure Time" built into my schedule for small group time, I thought I could have students blog about the LA topic we covered during whole group. They could talk about what they understand and what they are still confused about. My thought process is that I could still have one group with me doing reading groups, one blogging about a topic, and the last group at either their center or another independent activity. The only concern I have is that I have one computer in my room for both student and teacher use. Since I have a mini lab with 8 computers outside my door I could set my parent volunteer up with the blogging group to help supervise. I am not sure how it will actually work. I think it would be a trial and error situation but at least giving it a shot would be worth it.

I am found blogging to be fun and a great way to connect to others. I like the ability to post my questions, thoughts and frustrations because I can get instant feedback from others. I am going to try to keep up with blogging as the semester goes along. I am really interested in how I can use this in my room along with a few other sites like Flickr and Pixie. Although Pixie would require the school purchasing it....which may never  happen. My goal is to continue to find ways to incorporate technology into my classroom so that my lessons are interactive all while teaching to the students of the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment